02 October, 2010

Into The Void

I'm not new to the blog world. In fact, I feel like I've been doing this forever. I started my own website back in 2000 - a crappy little thing where I would ramble about anything I wanted to. Mostly, it was stuff I wanted to bitch about, a constructive way to release the anger within. I look back at that site, which I maintained until 2005, as a blog of sorts.

But the truth, the scary truth, is that I've never done this before. On the Internet, I've always used another identity, never my real name, never my face, never any real details. At first I did this because of my paranoid nature, because I had visions of stalker exes finding me and spying on me and knowing things about me and my life that I didn't want them to know. Then I realized that none of my exes give a shit about me, and I continued to use my Internet persona to protect my job(s) - as in, I didn't want my boss to see what I was writing and fire me over it.

But I'm over all that crap and feel the need to embark on something new. My life has changed so drastically in the last year, and I'm in this place where I feel the need to use my writing to explore all I'm going through and all that is to come. And in order to do this, I have to do it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment